Sump pumps are electro-mechanical devices and every single one is guaranteed to eventually fail at some point in time. Like cars, this will usually happen at the worst and most inopportune time of day or night. You don’t want to be the one driving or riding when the car suddenly dies. Or have a pump failure detected at 2 AM with the power out in the middle of a downpour.
Sump pump systems need to manage the depth of water under the building and handle peak flows from rain, snow thaw, and surface runoff. It must also discharge water to a safe location where it can’t re-enter the building again.
Floods are painful and costly experiences. Almost all can be prevented.
75% of pump failures are due to a problem with the float switch failing to run the pump. The other 25% involve other failures such as blocked discharges, blocked impellers, failed check valves, bad system controllers, old non-tested pumps, etc. So lets maintain the systems properly, check and test them regularly, replace the wear and tear components on a maintenance schedule, and not get surprised by the deferred maintenance flood.
Yes everyone should probably have a Battery Back Up System including a second pump, float, controller, discharge pipe, and power source.
Yes your sump pit may be hard to get into and the parts in there are not familiar to most people. Sorting out the choices in equipment, installing it in the right way to protect your home, and providing the protective redundancies is not easy. That’s why you should trust the experts here at Accurate Safety Solutions/Accurate Pumps to protect your home from flooding.
We are really good at this. We have done thousands of Sump Pump and Battery Back Up Sump Pump installations. Every one designed to last and perform. All this experience and our commitment to excellence in everything that we do, is why we are able to protect your home better than anyone else. We have seen, and probably fixed, almost every situation
First: We choose professional grade equipment with excellent field service reliability histories and modular components.
Second: We install the equipment properly and with as much redundancy as possible.
Third: Our primary pumps computer control units run the pump weekly, and alarms if certain conditions exist that could interfere with the pumps proper operation. . Our backup pump controller not only runs the pump weekly but also alarms if the pump doesn’t run properly. We can even have either pump controller text or email you when a problem is detected!
Fourth: We inspect everything annually
Fifth: We replace components on a maintenance schedule that is affordable and avoids the breakdowns
It really is that simple.
Why Not Let Us Bring Peace Of Mind To Your House or Business? Call Us At 630.876.0800